Take a day trip to Orkney â€“ limited places left
A few places are still available on an Orkney day trip being hosted by the European Marine Energy Centre and Highlands and Islands Enterprise.
The trip, on Monday 22 February, is being organised as part of the International Conference on Ocean Energy (ICOE) which gets underway in Edinburgh the following day.
The Orkney day trip provides the opportunity to:
- Learn more about EMEC and the unprecedented level of marine renewables activity that has taken place in the islands over the last decade.
- Visit the Billia Croo wave test site on the west coast of Orkney.
- Take a look inside EMEC’s electrical substation, where the electricity produced by wave energy convertors firsts lands onshore.
- Tour Orkney’s marine renewables supporting infrastructure, including Hatston Pier.
- Talk with the local supply chain.
- Hear from some of the key players within the marine renewables industry.
There may also be an opportunity to fly over the Fall of Warness tidal test site, but this will be dependent on weather conditions.
Further details on are available here.
If you would like to register for this event, please contact Danielle Moodie – firstname.lastname@example.org - who will send an invitation with booking instructions.
The event is open to all ICOE delegates, however due to limited seating on the plane there are only a few spaces left. These will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
Spaces should be reserved by Monday 15 February.