About the company
CorPower Ocean is a fast growing ocean energy company founded in 2009. We have developed a compact high-efficiency Wave Energy Converter inspired by the pumping principles of the human heart. We are currently in a pilot program taking a 1:2 scale Wave Energy Converter through dry rig testing in Stockholm, followed by ocean testing on Orkney in 2017.
We are now looking for a hands-on person with relevant experience from marine operations and field testing of industrial machinery to take a leading role in our ocean testing activities in Scotland, Orkney. The person we are looking for should be based in the Orkney area with some flexibility to travel.
Working at CorPower
At CorPower you will find a dynamic and international work environment with a team of highly motivated and skilled individuals. Each team member works with a high degree of autonomy and flexibility, combined with great personal responsibility. We offer a supportive and fun environment. Having shown game- changing performance, expectations are high and your work will be closely watched from around the world.
- Act as our 1st line support and coordinate our activities on Orkney
- Installation, retrieval and field testing of our Wave Energy Converters
- Day-to-day operations of the equipment, including methods, lifting, story board
- First level debugging and tuning of prototype equipment
- Supplier interfacing including marine operations, logistics and transportation
- Monitoring of moorings, electrical and communication system
- Maintenance and upgrades of mechanical / electrical / software modules
- Provide accurate and timely communication with the team in Stockholm
- Perform work according to schedule, budget and technical requirements
Desired experience & technical skills
- Marine operations
- Installation and maintenance of complex machinery, preferably in the ocean
- Specification, procurement and management of marine operation services
- Experience with control and power systems, mechanical drive trains, pneumatic & hydraulic systems
- Experience with moorings, anchoring solutions, umbilical cables and sub-sea connectors
- Familiar with radio, wifi and cabled network equipment in off-shore environment
You have a minimum of 5 years of a relevant experience from supporting industrial equipment in the field. Experience from Ocean Energy devices or similar equipment in harsh environments is a plus. You are a hands-on person with broad technical knowledge and genuine interest in the different aspects of advanced machinery including mechanics, pressure systems, power electronics, control and safety. You have a track record of successfully commissioning and supporting equipment towards demanding customers/suppliers. You have a sense of details and the magic touch that makes machines work reliably. You may have a B.Sc or M.Sc. degree in a relevant field, but your personality and genuine interest in the field is the most important. You are proficient in English, both spoken and written.
As a person:
- you are striving for excellence, put quality into everything you do
- you are self-motivated and hate to waste time
- you always search for the most simple and elegant solutions to difficult problems
- you are persistent, knowing it takes stamina to establish a new industry
- you are outspoken and like to interact with colleagues, partners and suppliers
- you are data driven and strive to always back your points with a solid analysis
- you are comfortable in presenting your solutions internally and externally
Apply to the job by clicking "I'm interested" on our website and submit your CV and personal letter.
For questions please contact Hanna Nordqvist, HR and Office Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more at: WIRED, OE, SVT, NyTeknik